Friday, January 1, 2021

An End of Year Progress report

 Well I'm sure a lot of you will agree to saying "Good Riddance" to 2020 and hopefully the good times return quickly in 2021!

I've been making progress on the layout in a couple of areas......

Scenery has gone in north of Farmington......I've only got room to model the "upper" yard and the area around the station. The upper yard is where the pulpwood and board lumber were loaded onto Maine Central cars for the trip to the paper mills and south to Portland. 



A train of empty pulpwood racks is leaving the upper yard heading to Strong.


Just north of the yard is the box shop......I was able to reuse some of the structures from my previous layout to represent the mill.  The road on the right is Rt. 4 out of Farmington.


My goal is to capture as much "flavor" of the real SR&RL's as possible. I'll continue using structures from the old layout if they "fit"well. The object is to get the layout up and operating and then continue to enhance the scenes with new work. I'm trying to have my scenes look like the photos taken in years past along the Sandy River.


No comments:

Post a Comment