Sunday, December 29, 2019

End of the year 2019......a year that brought big changes......

As I had mentioned, we moved to Charleston SC (retirement) and are closing on our new home here tomorrow afternoon. Yeah!
I've got a POD full of stuff to unpack next week (and a "house" full of furniture to purchase thanks to my wife and daughter's efforts at selling all our previous furniture in Va. Beach using social media.....
I would take a photo on my I phone and turn it over to my daughter and the next thing I knew I was helping load our very nice leather sofa (very old and very comfy!!) into some smiling couple's SUV....."don't worry dad, they already paid you direct to your PayPal account!!
Not too bad, considering my wife has no idea how to access PayPal. Prior to this adventure I only used the account to sell off un-needed railroad items...(and of course buy needed railway items)

We were able to sell a ton of stuff that I had collected over many years. It was a mental struggle but I really didn't need them.

Duplicate and triplicate?? hand held power tools......did I really have 3 working lawnmowers!!?!
Let's see, that's 3 working compressors....I'll need 1.
3 aluminum 14' extension ladders........Let's see, I'm moving to a brand new, "hurricane ready", bombproof single story home in Charleston.......your right, I sold all three to a local young man starting his own painting business.

Lot's and lot's of hand tools, hammers, screwdrivers, way too many socket sets (cheap).....I did keep the Craftsman stuff.

I remember a guy at the garage sale who thanked me profusely for selling him an old 6-12 volt battery charger......he used it for "plating" and told me the newer models didn't work. I even sold a bunch of board lumber that I swear I had moved from the garage of our first home in Convent Station, NJ over 40 years ago!! (just could never let it go.........) That said it was really nice, old straight pine shelving that could have easily been used to build any one of my first 5 layouts!! Oh well. After a couple of last trips to the Va. Beach landfill to dispose of the old layout scenery and 40 yr. old 8' florescent 2 bulb commercial lighting fixtures. (boy did those heat up the layout room in the summer!) It was done.

The next morning we closed on the house and I drove the "Beverly Hillbillies" Ford F150 loaded to the gills with the remainder of the "critically needed" stuff I hid from the garage sale people and headed south.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete