Friday, February 1, 2019

A bit more of Andrews yard......

Continuing to look at the yard we come to the coal house sitting on the turntable lead. I based the model on the Albion coal house but shortened it to better fit the space I had. (the entire yard sits on an 80" by 24" solid core door.)

I started on a model of the WW&F's Crosby tank which was located just south of the real Albion yard.  Styrene construction with a "home made spout" made from rolled paper! The prototype tank was shingled but I'll probably paint it up for now as the idea of cutting 1,000 shingles is not floating my boat!
The station in Andrews began life as a model of the little station of Fork's Creek on the Colorado and Southern.  I was able to use it by adding a small extension to the right side which houses the stairs to the second floor.  She looks a bit like her counterpart (in Albion) but her smaller size better fits the space I had available.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tom,
    I just found your blog, thanks to the link in George Dutka's blog. I look forward to seeing your progress.

    I too, am modeling Maine 2-ft in On30. I have focused on the WW&F - towns of Albion and Wiscasset.

    Good luck and keep us posted!
    Pete

    ReplyDelete